Friday, March 23, 2012

Watch: Prometheus Releases A First Movie Trailer

Earlier this week we got to see a teaser trailer for the FIRST official trailer released for the new Ridley Scott film Prometheus, due out next June. Because I posted the trailer for the trailer, I figured I should also post the trailer itself. As expected, this first trailer for Scott‘s Prometheus looks awesome … [...]

Last night I made my way out to the ArcLight Theater in Hollywood, CA (again) to see the new animated film The Adventures of TinTin: The Secret of the Unicorn. I’ve been on a movie-seeing kick lately so I figured I’d keep the ball rolling. Altho I don’t know very much about HergĂ©‘s boy detective/reporter character TinTin (and his trusty pooch Snowy), I knew enough about him to be intrigued by this film. By and large, I enjoyed the film … read on to find out what I think of this animated incarnation of TinTin.




I only really have passing knowledge of TinTin, having read maybe 1 or 2 books in my youth, but the idea of an animated film directed by Steven Spielberg and produced by Peter Jackson, well … I kinda had to see this film for myself. All in all, TinTin is very enjoyable and fun. It’s full of great adventure and fantastic animation. The pace moves really quickly right from the start so … you have to keep up and pay attention. While I enjoyed it as an adult, I don’t think I would’ve enjoyed it as a child. I dunno … the story feels pretty much geared toward adults who want to feel like a kid again. Jamie Bell is excellent as the voice of TinTin and Daniel Craig voices the villainous Saccharine very well. There are times when the “realness” of the animation looks … creepy … but for the most part, I enjoyed it very much in this film. I guess TinTin is a film that I would recommend to friends but it’s not something that I think I need to see again. The ending sets up a sequel very obviously so … maybe I’ll just wait until that film comes out to spend more time with TinTin and snowy.


And speaking of films that I would see repeatedly, I’m heading out to see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo again this evening. I simply didn’t get enough when I saw the film on Monday so … I’m going back for viewing #2. Happy Thursday!!




renovation toiture
Loisirs
Goodwill
Estate planning
jardinage biologique

No comments:

Post a Comment